[ejabberd] Messages (OSX) and file transfer

Maarten de Boer maarten at djambu.com
Tue Nov 12 15:50:24 MSK 2013

Hi,

I have some additional information. I tried this with 3 users, from different networks, and there is 1 occasion in which it actually works (where user A can send files to user B and C, but not the other way around). However, with this same user (and same computer) on another network the file transfer fails as well.

Not really sure what this tells me… At least clear that it is possible to send files with Messages and ejabberd, and it must be something in the particular network configurations. Maybe some NAT traversal issue? I guess that this is what the file transfer proxy is for, but it looks to me that Messages doesn’t use that.

Maarten