[ejabberd] resource_conflict

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 19:11:21 MSK 2013

Ah, now I understand what you mean. Right, it happens as you describe,
but that isn't a bug of that option.

Notice that the option resource_conflict refers to a conlifct in using
a specific resource: when two XMPP sessions attempt to login using the
same JID resource, which is forbidden by XMPP. That option allows to
define what to do: kick the old session, or disallow the new session.

However, in your user case, you have two different sessions, each
using a different resource. There is no conflict using a unique
resource, so that option doesn't apply to that case.

You thought it as a bug because you set max_user_sessions to 2. But
consider 5 sessions are allowed. Then what does {resource_conflict,
closeold} mean when the 6th session is attempted? Does it mean kick
the 4th session, or the 1st one, or ...?

So, in your case, you should configure all those users to login using
the same resource, not different ones. That way when one new logins,
ejabberd will kick the old one.

--
Badlop
ProcessOne