[ejabberd] resource_conflict

Krisztian maildir at mko.hu
Fri Oct 4 01:19:24 MSK 2013

Hi Badlop,

Thanks for your help! I have misunderstood this
parameter.

When I set the same resource this parameter is
working.

Regards,

Krisztian

írta:

> Ah, now I understand what you mean. Right, it happens as you
describe,
> but that isn't a bug of that option.
>
> Notice that the
option resource_conflict refers to a conlifct in using
> a specific
resource: when two XMPP sessions attempt to login using the
> same JID
resource, which is forbidden by XMPP. That option allows to
> define
what to do: kick the old session, or disallow the new session.

However, in your user case, you have two different sessions, each

using a different resource. There is no conflict using a unique

resource, so that option doesn't apply to that case.

> You thought it
as a bug because you set max_user_sessions to 2. But
> consider 5
sessions are allowed. Then what does {resource_conflict,
> closeold}
mean when the 6th session is attempted? Does it mean kick
> the 4th
session, or the 1st one, or ...?

> So, in your case, you should
configure all those users to login using
> the same resource, not
different ones. That way when one new logins,
> ejabberd will kick the
old one.