[ejabberd] How to config ejabberd so that it can serve JID like user at 192.168.0.101

Mabz mansab.uppal at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 15:51:07 MSK 2013

Hi Evgeniy,

No undoubtedly, I use Ejabberd 2.1.12

But, after reading a post by Badlop on http://www.ejabberd.im/, that dynamic
virtual host configuration is allowed in 3.0.0-Alpha-x, I put up
3.0.0-Alpha-3 to test.

So far, I have configured it properly and also the virtual hosts are being
added without any problems (from CLI and web interface both).

However, while connecting a user to a virtual host, I am getting this error:

=ERROR REPORT==== 2013-10-17 11:37:24 ===
** Generic server <0.3028.0> terminating
** Last message in was {become_controller,<0.3029.0>}
** When Server state == {state,#Port<0.26326>,gen_tcp,none,undefined,65536,
                               undefined,undefined,infinity}
** Reason for termination ==
** {bad_return_value,{xml_parser,options,no_engine_registered,undefined}}

I have read somewhere, that in this case expat-devel is required to
installed before compiling exmpp
(https://www.process-one.net/en/forum/viewthread/295/), I did that but no
change.

I know Alpha release is for test purposes (i.e why I use 2.1.12 for
production). But, I would very much appreciate if you could help us out
resolve this issue.