[ejabberd] Make Hangout users appear offline instead of away

tot-to tot-to at tot-to.com
Thu Oct 24 14:42:12 MSK 2013

Hi,

Are you sure it's because of Hangouts? I have a lot of contacts from
Google and only few of them has such connection. All of this users are
Mac users. And for Mac there is a client with name "Messaging".
Moreover, when they log-in with gmail web interface, I can chat with
them using connection with resource name "gmail.XXXXXXXXX". But as far
as I know in the web interface of Google it's not possible use both
Hangouts and so-called "old chat" at the same time.

Sorry for the message without usefull answer, but I would prefer to
figure out about this connections and give an instruction to people how
to get rid of it/recieve my messages rather than just hide them.

Also, you don't take into account one bad concequence of your
resolution. When you'll write an offline message, you'll never know
either it'll be received by the contact or will be lost because of this
connection.