[ejabberd] Multiple MUC configurations

Robert Larsen robert at komogvind.dk
Tue Sep 17 12:36:16 MSK 2013

Hey

I would like to have MUC configured twice on the same server. I work
with casual gaming and we would like to push game events (new game
version, new highscore, etc.) through a game specific chatroom. At the
same time we want our users to be able to chat, so to keep things
elegant we would like to have a chatroom for user chat and a room for
game events and have them separated...something like having
'mygame at conference.mydomain.com' for user chat and
'mygame at games.mydomain.com' for game events. Openfire lets me do that
but we use ejabberd for production.

I tried this:
  {mod_muc,      [
          {host, "conference. at HOST@"},
          {access, muc},
          {access_create, muc_create},
          {access_persistent, muc_create},
          {access_admin, muc_admin},
          {allow_visitor_nickchange,false}
          ]},
  {mod_muc,      [
          {host, "games. at HOST@"},
          {access, muc},
          {access_create, muc_create},
          {access_persistent, muc_create},
          {access_admin, muc_admin},
          {allow_visitor_nickchange,false}
          ]},

...and ejabberd accepts it and shows the two services when using service
discovery. However I cannot communicate with the one that is first in
the configuration. I can see that 'conference.mydomain.com' is in the
list but sending a info/items request I am replied with a
service-unavailable error.

So, my question is this. Is there a way of having two MUC subdomains on
the same server?