[ejabberd] Get a list of persistent rooms

Kirk Bateman kirk.bateman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 23:12:42 MSK 2013

One way to do it is...

1. Modify mod_muc to store a bookmark (there's an xep for that) when a user
joins a persistent room. (Also remove bookmark when they leave).

2. Write a simple custom component that has a presence hook to see when a
user comes online, when they come online query the bookmarks from the
component and send presence to each one to join the room.

That should work so long as the client doesn't get confused that IT didn't
send the presence to join the rooms.

Regards

Kirk Bateman