[ejabberd] service component with ejabberd

ricky gutierrez xserverlinux at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 06:42:07 MSK 2014

Hello list, I have a question, I am adding to my server ejabberd Jitsi
VideoBRIDGE , Jitsi VB is running on another server, looking at the
documentation of ejabberd are examples as adding external services,
add Jitsi VideoBRIDGE to ejabberd and restart and had no errors , so
strange is when I open the client Jitsi and go to Tools the option
"make a VideoBRIDGE" is grey and inactive.

look my piece of code on jabbed.yml

-
    port: 5347
    module: ejabberd_service
    hosts:
       "jitsi-videobridge.domain.com":
         password: "XXXXX1"

and jitsi videobridge

JVB_HOSTNAME=jitsi-videobridge.domain.com
JVB_PORT=5347
JVB_SECRET=XXXXX1
JVB_OPTS=""

I can see that Jitsi VideoBRIDGE port is listening on both servers!
 netstat -an | grep 5347
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:5347          0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN

### ejabberd server### :
netstat -an | grep 5347
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5347                0.0.0.0:*
     LISTEN

any idea?

my firewall is disabled for both.

regardss