[ejabberd] service component with ejabberd

Holger Weiß holger at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Wed Dec 3 11:55:59 MSK 2014

* ricky gutierrez <xserverlinux at gmail.com> [2014-12-02 21:42]:
> look my piece of code on jabbed.yml
>
> -
>     port: 5347
>     module: ejabberd_service
>     hosts:
>        "jitsi-videobridge.domain.com":
>          password: "XXXXX1"

That looks right (assuming indentation is correct: in your email, the
"-" isn't indented at all).

> I can see that Jitsi VideoBRIDGE port is listening on both servers!
>  netstat -an | grep 5347
> tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:5347          0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN

This process is only listening on the loopback interface, but either
way: The Videobridge component is expected to _connect_ to ejabberd on
the specified port, I'm not sure how you would get it to _listen_ on
that port.  (On Linux, you could use netstat(8)'s "-p" flag to check
which process is listening here.)

Anyway, I'm not sure whether you told the Videobridge component how to
connect to ejabberd.  You should specify your XMPP domain with the
--domain option, and you can specify the host name of your ejabberd
server with --host.  So, something like this should do the trick (though
note that the secret will show up in the process list this way):

  jvb.sh \
      --domain=example.com \
      --host=ejabberd-server.example.com \
      --port=5347 \