[ejabberd] service component with ejabberd

ricky gutierrez xserverlinux at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 01:47:30 MSK 2014

Hi

> That looks right (assuming indentation is correct: in your email, the
> "-" isn't indented at all).
>
>> I can see that Jitsi VideoBRIDGE port is listening on both servers!
>>  netstat -an | grep 5347
>> tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:5347          0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
>
> This process is only listening on the loopback interface, but either
> way: The Videobridge component is expected to _connect_ to ejabberd on
> the specified port, I'm not sure how you would get it to _listen_ on
> that port.  (On Linux, you could use netstat(8)'s "-p" flag to check
> which process is listening here.)

show the output of netstat :

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5280                0.0.0.0:*
     LISTEN      10474/beam.smp      off (0.00/0/0)
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5347                0.0.0.0:*
     LISTEN      10474/beam.smp      off (0.00/0/0)

> Anyway, I'm not sure whether you told the Videobridge component how to
> connect to ejabberd.  You should specify your XMPP domain with the
> --domain option, and you can specify the host name of your ejabberd
> server with --host.  So, something like this should do the trick (though
> note that the secret will show up in the process list this way):
>
>   jvb.sh \
>       --domain=example.com \
>       --host=ejabberd-server.example.com \
>       --port=5347 \
>       --secret=XXXXX1

my setting with default installation on debian 7

/etc/jitsi/videobridge# more config
# Jitsi Videobridge settings
JVB_DOMAIN=domain.com
JVB_HOSTNAME=jitsi-videobridge.domain.com
JVB_PORT=5347
JVB_SECRET=EKBpV0ne
JVB_OPTS="--host=xmpp.domain.com"

but still works for me.