[ejabberd] Making user who go offline still available -- in ejabberd

Daniel Dormont dan at greywallsoftware.com
Mon Dec 8 16:59:55 MSK 2014

Hi deep,

1) The hook doesn't fire precisely because the user who is offline is
removed from the room's participant list and so the system does not
even attempt to send them the message. This is the behavior you're
going to  need to change in the code of the MUC module itself; just
adding offline_message_hook won't do it.

2)  Similarly, the active participant list for a MUC is part of the
internal state of that MUC maintained in mod_muc_room. It is not, for
better or worse, stored in any table.

dan