[ejabberd] Maximum History Size from MUC

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 14:39:36 MSK 2014

1)
mod_muc_room implements a software limit, that you can modify easily.
There isn't any other limit, except of course the scalability of the
implementation: with one thousand of stored elements, the
implementation will be slower than with a hundred. And one million
even slower.

You can test yourself: use a room bot that sends messages, and
evaluate memory consumption and response time when it reaches key
values (one hundred, one thousand, or maybe it can reach one million).
One of this will happen at some time:
A) Memory consumption will increase until consuming all possible memory
B) Response time will increase for some operation (storing new
message, or retrieving stored messages), and it will be unusuable.

2)
mod_last stores the timestamp when a local user disconnected from ejabberd.

--
Badlop
ProcessOne