[ejabberd] Password "expire" weirdness

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 15:07:06 MSK 2014

Looks strange.

In the ejabberd source code, the only feature that involves passwords
and a time interval is "extauth_cache", and it has no relation to what
you describe. It's documented in:
http://www.process-one.net/docs/ejabberd/guide_en.html#extauth

Maybe that notification is sent by a contributed ejabberd module, or
an external component, or... a bot that attempts to confuse that user
to obtain his password.

---
Badlop
ProcessOne