[ejabberd] 100K Chatters online

Shelley Shyan shelleyshyan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 17:15:03 MSK 2014

--
With kind regards,

Shelley Shyan
shelleyshyan at gmail.com

在 2014年2月24日,下午8:07,Robert Larsen <robert at komogvind.dk> 写道:

> On 02/24/2014 12:57 PM, Shelley Shyan wrote:
>> Hi Robert,
>>
>> Just had a look at the website and the load test report. First impression is, awesome!
>>
>> For 500k online users, one server…. What’s the  ONE SERVER configuration! :-)     32-core/ 128G RAM?
> hehe...all data is on their site:
> http://www.tigase.org/content/tigase-load-tests-again-500k-user-connections
>
> Short answer is 32G RAM and 8 cores with 8 threads on each core...sounds reasonable
Yeah, quite reasonable indeed.

>> By the way, I also need the cross platform (Android and IOS) voice chat function.
> Hmm, think that's the Jingle extension (xep-0166). It seems Tigase doesn't support that: http://www.tigase.org/tigase-server-features
For p2p voice chat, 0166 is great, and also Tigase STUN Server. For multi-user voice chat, wish there are tried solutions. :-)
For about 10k level online users, randomly distribute them into about 100 rooms. Each room with voice chat enabled, maybe there should be some custom development...

I really appreciate you help, very much. Many thanks.