[ejabberd] Problem creating/joining MUC

Yan Brenman ybrenman at xopnetworks.com
Sat Jan 11 00:55:57 MSK 2014

My web client is trying to join (and if such doesn't exist then create I
assume) the MUC on the ejabberd XMPP server,
which I installed and configured on my local machine. I am using Strophe
"emuc" plugin for that.
Unfortunately I suspect MUC doesn't get created successfully since I am
not getting the "onPresence" callback handler
call, which I do get if I point to the XMPP server setup by Jitsi for
their meet.jit.si demo.
Based on stated above I think there is a strong reason to believe that
everything is correct with the code and that I am
missing some configuration option in jabberd server. I went through the
ejabberd documentation but didn't find anything
for the mod_muc module which I think I have configured wrong.
Since I am very new to the ejabberd server I would greatly appreciate if
somebody could point me what kind of configuration
I am missing. Any advise would be a great help.

Thank you very much