[ejabberd] ejabberd and PEP
ml-erlang at zu-con.org
Thu Jan 16 01:45:37 MSK 2014
I've updated ejabberd to the lastest community edition (13.10). I would
like to use PEP and like most versions before it didn't work for me. But
this time I want to find out, what I'm doing wrong :-) So I started now
with an empty database and the default config file which seems to be
appropriate for PEP:
## reduces resource comsumption, but XEP incompliant
## XEP compliant, but increases resource comsumption
## ignore_pep_from_offline: false
- "pep" # pep requires mod_caps
As client I've taken Psi+ 0.16.5042 which works for instance with
jabber.ccc.de, as far as I know, also an ejabberd server. Then I did:
1. Connect/Disconnect/Connect to the Jabber server, to make sure that
CAPS are cached.
2. Set my activity. I see an <iq set> <iq respose> which seem to be
3. I expected that I receive a message with the acctivity, but there was
4. I've reconnected the client and then I have received the last
activity that I've set.
Any ideas what's my error? I tried several different options, like the
node plugins and nodetree, but the behaviour didn't change.
More information about the ejabberd