[ejabberd] ejabberd and PEP

Matthias Rieber ml-erlang at zu-con.org
Thu Jan 16 01:45:37 MSK 2014

Hi,

I've updated ejabberd to the lastest community edition (13.10). I would
like to use PEP and like most versions before it didn't work for me. But
this time I want to find out, what I'm doing wrong :-) So I started now
with an empty database and the default config file which seems to be
appropriate for PEP:

   mod_caps: {}
   mod_pubsub:
     access_createnode: pubsub_createnode
     ## reduces resource comsumption, but XEP incompliant
     ignore_pep_from_offline: true
     ## XEP compliant, but increases resource comsumption
     ## ignore_pep_from_offline: false
     last_item_cache: false
     plugins:
       - "flat"
       - "hometree"
       - "pep" # pep requires mod_caps

As client I've taken Psi+ 0.16.5042 which works for instance with
jabber.ccc.de, as far as I know, also an ejabberd server. Then I did:

1. Connect/Disconnect/Connect to the Jabber server, to make sure that
CAPS are cached.
2. Set my activity. I see an <iq set> <iq respose> which seem to be
correct.
3. I expected that I receive a message with the acctivity, but there was
no message.
4. I've reconnected the client and then I have received the last
activity that I've set.

Any ideas what's my error? I tried several different options, like the
node plugins and nodetree, but the behaviour didn't change.

Regards,
Matthias