[ejabberd] [error] <0.37.0>@ejabberd_config:get_plain_terms_file:169 Unexpected error

Holger Weiß holger at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Wed Jun 11 17:57:18 MSK 2014

* Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> [2014-06-10 23:07]:
> i suspect the root cause is the 10k chinese bot registrations before i
> stopped allowing open registration.

The cause of the error message you posted is totally different, as I've
told you already.¹  My crystal ball says that the FreeBSD port changed
things behind your back so that it's now expecting an "ejabberd.yml"
file that you don't have.  You should copy the file Evgeny gave you to
the location expected by ejabberd, make sure it's readable by the user
running ejabberd, restart, and then check whether you still get the same
error message.

Holger

¹ http://lists.jabber.ru/pipermail/ejabberd/2009-May/004954.html