[ejabberd] Architecture of chat server

raj sssim2014 at gmail.com
Fri May 30 08:25:38 MSK 2014

Hi Everyone,

I am Raj, and current working on the architecture of chat server which is
based on ejabberd. I have gone through lot of links and reviews but did not
find any satisfactory answer. Kindly help me if anyone can replies to the
following…
1.What kind of load balancing should we use to handle large amount of
traffic. A cisco based dedicated hardware or Built-in functionality for load
balancing offered by Ejabberd
2.Can we use VPS server on cloud instead of dedicated server to handle heavy
load?
3.I want to deploy the firewall first and after that redundant load balancer
which will be connected to cluster of XMPP server. Those XMPP servers will
be connected to database server.  Please suggest if any other equipment is
required.

looking for ward for expert comments in order to avoid mistake.....
Best Regards,
Raj