[ejabberd] Making user who go offline still available -- in ejabberd

Deepender Singla deepender281190 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 06:40:04 MSK 2014

Hello Folks

First off thanks for writing this open source implementation of ejabberd,
loved it. I am using ejabberd for a research project, but there is one
change I wanted to make in implementation of server. Basically when a User
who go offline should not exit the room, the way its happen in whatsapp
also.

I am very new to Erland and even to functional level language (Ruby/Python
guy ). Here: http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0045.html#impl-service-ghosts  in
doumentation it is written, the ghost users become offline by the server,
Is there any way or custom implementation to make them online and store the
messages which they recieve they are offline and deliver to them once they
come next time.

If there is no custom implementation, any help regarding in that would be
appreciated. I will develop it as I needed for the project and push it here
also in different branch or repo so others don't reinvent the wheel.

thanks
deep