[ejabberd] Making user who go offline still available -- in ejabberd

Mickaël Rémond mremond at process-one.net
Mon Nov 24 12:00:00 MSK 2014

Hello Deep,

> On 24 Nov 2014, at 04:40, Deepender Singla <deepender281190 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Folks
>
> First off thanks for writing this open source implementation of ejabberd, loved it. I am using ejabberd for a research project, but there is one change I wanted to make in implementation of server. Basically when a User who go offline should not exit the room, the way its happen in whatsapp also.
>
> I am very new to Erland and even to functional level language (Ruby/Python guy ). Here: http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0045.html#impl-service-ghosts <http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0045.html#impl-service-ghosts>  in doumentation it is written, the ghost users become offline by the server, Is there any way or custom implementation to make them online and store the messages which they recieve they are offline and deliver to them once they come next time.

There is no generic way of doing this and it really depends on how you would like your service to behave.
One thing you could do is use the participant list to keep track of all users and modify the muc module to send offline messages to participants that are offline.

I hope this helps,

--
Mickaël Rémond