[ejabberd] ejabberd / mysql timeout issues

. . otin at outlook.com
Mon Nov 24 19:58:40 MSK 2014

Hi Mickael,

Thanks for the reply:

1.       If we move to SaaS, it will take time – ie. there is work to change and test our existing architecture (for example how we archive messages and pass them back to the existing platform).  It is not a quick job, and we would require a good erlang/ejabberd consultant

2.       The messaging bottleneck is still a short term issue, whether we move or not.  We have made some progress narrowing down the probable cause, but we still require a good erlang/ejabberd consultant who can help with this issue in the short term

3.       If we switch to SaaS, we would need to understand the pricing model clearly.  Moving to SaaS and then finding a big price change after 1, 3 or 5 years would be very difficult.  If we moved it would be for the long term (10+ years)

Whatever option we consider, a good erlang/ejabberd consultant is necessary – or some pointers from some of the more experienced guys (or girls!) on this list would be a huge help.

Best regards,

David