[ejabberd] problems using ejabberd for logging

Frederik Bosch f.bosch at genkgo.nl
Thu Nov 27 18:12:22 MSK 2014

Hello,

We made a chat room for error logging. When some error occurs on one of
our services, the error message should be printed in this room. However,
occasionally, the error logging is kicked from the room. I cannot
resolve why this happens.

|Error Logger left the room (This participant is kicked from the room because he sent an error message to another participant: service-unavailable).

I tried to look this up in the code, and I have found line 1296 in
https://github.com/processone/ejabberd/blob/master/src/mod_muc_room.erl,
but that does not help me what to do to fix this. The logs on the server
also do not help me. It could be the message, but when I send the same
message as my own user, I am not kicked. It has to do with connection,
or something like that. The error logging user disconnects immediately
after he has sent the message.

We are running Debian Wheezy, ejabberd (2.1.10-4+deb7u1) . Anyone any
idea? Hope you can help.

Regards,
Frederik