[ejabberd] ejabberd bosh broke for some reason on my server

Chris Fortmüller chritsche at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 20:06:43 MSK 2014

Hi All,

I am running ejabberd 2.1.11 ( I couldnt find any newer windows Installer)
on my Amazon Web Services Windows Server 2012 machine.

I have a strophe.js xmpp client, which logs in using this code:

var conn = new Strophe.Connection("http://myAWSDNS.com:5280/http-bind/");
// ejabberd
    conn.connect(data.jid, data.password, function (status) {
        console.log('callback being done');
if (status === Strophe.Status.CONNECTED) {
            alert('connected!');
$(document).trigger('connected');
alert('Connected successfully');
        } else if (status === Strophe.Status.DISCONNECTED) {
            $(document).trigger('disconnected');
        }
else
{
Hello.log("error");
console.log('error');
}
    });

This used to work, until for some reason, today it broke. I have no idea
why, but now, status never evaluates to Connected or Disconnected, so it
just enter the else clause, wirting "error" to the console.

I can reach the BOSH service at above URL (
http://myAWSDNS.com:5280/http-bind/)

and can also see that BOSH is started in the web admin of the server.

For completeness, here is my bosh configuration, from ejabberd.cfg:

 {5280, ejabberd_http, [
                         {request_handlers, [
             %% {["web"], mod_http_fileserver}
                {["xmpp-httpbind"], mod_http_bind}
             ]},
             captcha,
             http_bind,
             http_poll,
             web_admin
            ]}

 ]}.

and here is my modules section:

%%%   =======
%%%   MODULES

%%
%% Modules enabled in all ejabberd virtual hosts.
%%
{modules,
 [
  {mod_adhoc,    []},
  {mod_announce, [{access, announce}]}, % requires mod_adhoc
  {mod_caps,     []},
  {mod_configure,[]}, % requires mod_adhoc
  {mod_disco,    []},
  %%{mod_echo,   [{host, "echo.WIN-LV4K7BSUPJO"}]},
  {mod_http_bind,[]},

So yeah, up to today it was working, now its not working anymore. All ports
are open on the AWS machine, so that should not be an issue. Also, I am
able to connect to an openfire server that I sometimes run on the same
machin (but never at the same time as ejabberd), using, of course, a
modified BOSH URL in that case.

Anyone any idea why I cant connect to the ejabberd server via BOSH anymore?
I already reinstalled ejabberd several times, with no success

Thanks,

best regards,

Chris

*(P.S.: I would also be interested in w)hether there are any newer
installers for windows, as I said, 2.1.11 was the latest I could find)