[ejabberd] monitoring

Holger Weiß holger at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Tue Apr 21 19:55:23 MSK 2015

* ricky gutierrez <xserverlinux at gmail.com> [2015-04-21 09:11]:
> Hi list, I wanted to ask if anyone on the list has ejabberd monitoring
> with nagios?, if you have some specific plugin for this task?

The standard plugin bundle ships check_jabber, which tests whether the
server listens on the client-to-server port and responds to a stream
header:

https://www.monitoring-plugins.org/doc/man/check_jabber.html

We use a check based on the following plugin which also tries to log in:

http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Plugins/Instant-Messaging/check_jabber_login/details

... plus a separate STUN/TURN check and simple check_tcp tests for the
other ports our ejabberd listens on.

However, a quick web search reveals the following (newer) plugin, which
looks much better:

https://exchange.icinga.org/jandd/check_xmppng

Holger