[ejabberd] registration_watchers not working?

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 21:10:31 MSK 2015

I don't see that problem in my tests. I've tested with ejabberd 15.11.
There aren't relevant changes in mod_register.erl between your version
and the most recent.

Then I configured like this:

modules:
  mod_register:
    registration_watchers:
      - "user1 at localhost"
      - "user2 at localhost"

I login with clients to those accounts. user1 is admin, user2 is not admin.

When a new account is registered using In Band Registation, both users
receive a stanza like this:

<message from='localhost' to='user2 at localhost' type='chat'>
    IP address 127.0.0.1 on node ejabberd at localhost using mod_register.</body>
</message>

If you look at my steps, and you still have no clue what could be the
problem, you could add some debug lines to the source code, recompile
and test, this way you will get additional information about the
internals. Ask me for details if interested.

---
Badlop
ProcessOne