[ejabberd] Offline messages and priority

Raoul Duke rduke496 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 17:38:20 MSK 2015

On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 9:56 PM, Holger Weiß <holger at zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> * Raoul Duke <rduke496 at gmail.com> [2015-02-08 03:22]:
>> The reason I particularly mention offline messages is because in
>> normal operation messages are sent explicitly to the resource id of
>> session A and so on they basis they can never get delivered to B.
>
> Note that messages sent to A *are* delivered to B if A is currently
> offline.  Unless B has a negative priority, that is.

Understood.

>> I always want A to collect the offline messages (never B).
>>
>> Am I correct in thinking that setting a negative priority on Bs
>> session will accomplish that goal?

It may have got lost in my overly-verbose question but I was wondering
if setting the priority on the clientside post-connect could result in
a race where the negative priority gets set after B has already
collected the offline messages and if there was any obvious way to
avoid that problem.

> Yes.
>
>> That was my assumption (although correct me if I'm wrong) but I still
>> have the race condition (although seemingly less often).
>
> Could you paste¹ a dump of the XMPP stream (with any <auth/> credentials
> and any other sensitive data stripped)?

ok can do.  Do you want that dump from the client or server?

Thanks.