[ejabberd] ejabberd-contrib repository is ready to get your ejabberd modules

Mickaël Rémond mremond at process-one.net
Thu Feb 12 16:27:54 MSK 2015

Hello,

For those who have been programming in Erlang since 16 years like me,
you may remember the concept of Jungerl, "a dense and chaotic jungle of
Erlang code" (http://jungerl.sourceforge.net)

ejabberd-contrib repository tarted in somewhat the same spirit a
while. However, as ejabberd main code base is evolving at a very fast
pace, we need to ensure that users do not lose time trying to make
module that have not been updated to the latest version works.

ejabberd-contrib is now a curated repository of ejabberd modules. We
have cleaned it up, fixed a few things and identified 5 modules that at
the moment does not work:
- atom_pubsub: "The atom_pubsub module provides access to all PEP nodes via an AtomPub interface."
- ircd: "This is an IRC server frontend to ejabberd."
- mod_archive: "Message Archiving (XEP-0136)"
- mod_openid: "Transform the Jabber Server in an openid provider."
- mod_profile: "User Profile (XEP-0154) in Mnesia table"

If you think they are valuable and could be useful, your help to fix
them is welcome.

This repository is now ready to gather your ejabberd contributions of
all horizon, gather developer feedback and ready to make sure together
that the code in there is always working fine.

There is plenty of very useful module in there and we will be gathering
and selecting other relevant contributions from various developers
ourselves.  However, you are very welcome to clone the repository and
submit your pull request. As an ejabberd module developer, it's your
place. You are welcome !

Here is the place to go: https://github.com/processone/ejabberd-contrib

Cheers,

--