[ejabberd] [ANN] ejabberd Community 15.02

Jérôme Sautret jerome.sautret at process-one.net
Tue Feb 17 19:06:49 MSK 2015

Hello,

ejabberd 15.02 is a major new release. We have added fixes as well as
usual improvements.

However, ejabberd 15.02 is mostly a major improvement in the way we
are handling our release cycle.

We are working with ejabberd community to expand and simplify the
development of plugins. You can already find tens of plugins for
ejabberd developed by the community. However, we want to make the
development more accessible to developers. As such, we have introduced
Elixir supports as a standard new language to develop for ejabberd and
are working with Elixir community to make developing for ejabberd,
much more simpler, while still retaining the power of Erlang.

As such, the major improvement in this release is Elixir language
programming (http://elixir-lang.org/), with more features coming in
the next month.

Please, read our blog post for details on why this is significant:
https://blog.process-one.net/ejabberd-joins-the-elixir-revolution/

Here is the changelog:

* Add Elixir support, allows to write plugins in Elixir
* New command to reload configuration without restart
* Support old style erlang expressions in YAML configuration
* Improved captcha listener parsing when protocol not specified
* Fix upgrade of old unbinarized pubsub table from 2.1
* Minor updates in the documentation
* Other bugfixes

As usual, the release is tagged in the Git source code repository on github:
https://github.com/processone/ejabberd

The source package and binary installers are available at ProcessOne:
http://www.process-one.net/en/ejabberd/downloads/

If you suspect you found a bug, search or fill a bug report in Jira:
https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB

--
Jérôme Sautret
http://www.process-one.net/