[ejabberd] (no subject)

Gaurav Jain monkeyfdude at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 06:19:27 MSK 2015

Hi,

How does ejabberd handle really high number of requests. For eg.

* I have only instance running.
* There is a module called mod_offline.erl
* It has hook for offline_message_hook.

*I am assuming:*

* This module gets started by ejabberd_admin when server is started
* Using gen_server callbacks.

-- Is there only a single instance of this module running or are there
multiple instances of the module running at the same time
-- If multiple then how many such instances?

I was also curious what needs to be done to write a custom module to be
able to handle high number of requests simultaneously.

Could you please provide some pointers?

I am very new to erlang and ejabberd. Please help me understand how does
ejabberd take care of high requests.

Best Regards,
Gaurav Jain