[ejabberd] Nat ejabberd

Holger Weiß holger at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Sat Jan 3 12:04:48 MSK 2015

* ricky gutierrez <xserverlinux at gmail.com> [2015-01-02 21:26]:
> I understand a little of this, could I put in my firewall server
> another ejabberd? but only  "configured" the part of stun and turn?

You could.  The advantage of having a single ejabberd instance provide
both XMPP and STUN/TURN is that the same username/password credentials
are then accepted for both.  (Though note that STUN/TURN requires you to
store plaintext passwords; i.e., it won't work with SCRAM hashes.)

> > Good luck, Holger
>
> I need :)

Just make sure to follow the documentation closely:

	http://www.process-one.net/docs/ejabberd/guide_en.html#stun

That is, don't forget to set up the necessary DNS entries, and to have
the firewall accept the port range used for TURN allocations.

Holger