[ejabberd] deploy ejabberd and crash kernel

Mickaël Rémond mremond at process-one.net
Wed Jan 14 12:06:54 MSK 2015

Hello,

On 14 Jan 2015, xserverlinux at gmail.com wrote:

>> It seems the system does not have the right to properly start the
>> distribution part. Probably the command epmd is not running.
>>
>> Try restarting epmd manually from the installer bin directory in
>> debug mode in a separate terminal to get more diagnostics:
>>
>> epmd -kill     (In case it is running)
>> epmd -debug
>>
>> (Send epmd the kill signal if it does not want to die)

Here is another option suggested by a coworker:
"I would say you more likely have a firewall doing some filtering on your
ethernet interface, you can bypass it by letting ejabberd doing
distribution on loopback interface in conf/ejabberdctl.cfg

ERL_EPMD_ADDRESS=127.0.0.1

Then kill epmd and restart ejabberd

--
Mickaël Rémond