[ejabberd] 14.12 vs transient supervisors

Holger Weiß holger at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Thu Jan 15 19:33:30 MSK 2015

* Stefan Strigler <stefan.strigler at gmail.com> [2015-01-15 09:32]:
> since I upgraded from 13.12 to 14.12 'ejabberdctl outgoing_s2s_number' and
> 'ejabberdctl incoming_s2s_number' are not working anymore. They just show
> 0. I've learned through https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB-1700
> that his happens when '--enable-transient_supervisors' is not given when
> compiling.
>
> Thing is I'm using the precompiled bundle from ProcessOne
> (ejabberd-14.12-linux-x86_64-installer.run). Is this known? Any plans to
> fix this? Is this actually intended or a bug?

FWIW, I don't think it's "intended", it's just the way these commands
are currently implemented.  They call supervisor:which_children/1 to
retrieve the list of incoming/outgoing s2s processes¹, and this predates
the option to disable transient supervisors.

Holger

¹ https://github.com/processone/ejabberd/blob/4575649e102992af515a0457dedb7b3f8f371aea/src/ejabberd_s2s.erl#L538