[ejabberd] set "vcard-temp" with photo data takes time

Mickaël Rémond mremond at process-one.net
Wed Jan 28 11:42:19 MSK 2015

Hello,

On 28 Jan 2015, monkeyfdude at gmail.com wrote:

> If I have a binary *photo-data* in my "vard-temp" stanza, the "result
> stanza" from server comes *after a delay ( 20 - 30 secs)*
>
> If I *DO NOT* have a binary photo data in my "vard-temp" stanza, the
> "result stanza" from server comes as expected
>
> I run ejabberd with default configuration.
>
> Would you be able to tell the reason for the delay?

This is due to shaper, to limit overuse of bandwidth from a single user.

Default shaper is 1000B/s

Here is snippet from the config file:

shaper:
  ##
  ## The "normal" shaper limits traffic speed to 1000 B/s
  ##
  normal: 1000

20 to 30KB avatar is 20 to 30 second to upload.

--
Mickaël Rémond
 http://www.process-one.net/