[ejabberd] Problem in PEP

Muruga Prabu M murugaprabum at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 14:18:47 MSK 2015

The configuration below is the pubsub configuration that I use

mod_pubsub:

    access_createnode: pubsub_createnode

    ## reduces resource comsumption, but XEP incompliant

    ignore_pep_from_offline: true

    ## XEP compliant, but increases resource comsumption

    ## ignore_pep_from_offline: false

    last_item_cache: false

    plugins:

      - "pep"

      - "hometree"

      - "flat" # pep requires mod_caps

REQUIREMENT

1. Notify users in my roster of profile picture or status changes (similar
to WhatsApp)

PROBLEM

1. I publish the custom event from the client.

XML stanza sent from client

<iq id='Uhs9z-110' type='set'>

    <pubsub

        xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub'>

        <publish node='https://temp.com/userinfo'>

            <item id="U6z3olw0JI5UPAU2">

                <userinfo

                    xmlns='https://temp.com/userinfo'>

                    <status>sleeping</status>

                </userinfo>

            </item>

        </publish>

    </pubsub>

</iq>

XML stanza received as reply

<iq from='bob at temp.com' to='bob at temp.com/Smack' id='Uhs9z-110'
type='result'>

    <pubsub

        xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub'>

        <publish node='https://temp.com/userinfo'>

            <item id='U6z3olw0JI5UPAU2'/>

        </publish>

    </pubsub>

</iq>

I also received the published event within a message stanza.

The problem is when ever any contact who has a presence subscription to the
publishing client comes online, I receive the following message stanza

<message from='bob at temp.com' to='bob at 54.183.182.28/Smack'>

        <event

            xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub#event'>

            <items node='https://temp.com/userinfo'>

                <item id='MP5OuH4hqxcl2Oyl'>

                    <userinfo

                        xmlns='https://baxder.com/userinfo'>

                        <status>yawning</status>

                    </userinfo>

                </item>

            </items>

        </event>

        <delay

            xmlns='urn:xmpp:delay' from=bob at temp.com/Smack'
stamp='2015-06-24T10:57:43Z'>

        </delay>

    </message>

Why am I receiving the same message stanza that I published when ever any
of my contacts who has presence subscription to me come online ?