[ejabberd] Problem in PEP

Holger Weiß holger at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Thu Jun 25 10:25:18 MSK 2015

* Muruga Prabu M <murugaprabum at gmail.com> [2015-06-25 07:15]:
> SCENARIO
>
> 1. Bob is Offline
> 2. Alice is Online and publishes an item(updates his profile picture)
> 3. Alice goes offline
> 4. Bob comes online
>
> When Bob comes online, Bob is not receiving the last published item of Alice.

Didn't you say the opposite in your original posting ("The problem is
when ever any contact who has a presence subscription to the publishing
client comes online, I receive the following message stanza [...]")?

Whatever :-)

> QUESTIONS
>
> 1. Is this how PEP is designed to work according to the protocol ?
> 2. Is it possible for Bob to be notified(when Bob comes online) about
> the last published item that was published by Alice when Bob was offline

In your original posting, you quoted this snippet from your
configuration file:

    ## reduces resource comsumption, but XEP incompliant
    ignore_pep_from_offline: true
    ## XEP compliant, but increases resource comsumption
    ## ignore_pep_from_offline: false

So you want to set "ignore_pep_from_offline: false".

Holger