[ejabberd] PEP Help

Muruga Prabu M murugaprabum at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 14:13:22 MSK 2015

Holger Weiß <holger <at> zedat.fu-berlin.de> writes:

> That's a lot indeed.  If you use metadata nodes à la XEP-0084¹, those
> 500 items will at least remain small in size (i.e., somewhat similar to
> the 500 presence stanzas that you'll usually receive anyway).  I don't
> see a better solution that doesn't involve a non-trivial ejabberd patch.

Receiving 500 presence stanzas is very rare. Take the example of WhatsApp.
I have 500 contacts in it. The probability of all 500 contacts being online
at the same time is very very rare. But PEP broadcasts the last published item
of all the 500 contacts each time I log in.

QUESTION

1. Can I configure the pubsub#send_last_published_item to on_sub for PEP ?

> I hope you're using roster versioning², BTW?

No, I am not using roster versioning.