[ejabberd] PEP Help

Holger Weiß holger at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Thu Jun 25 17:22:30 MSK 2015

* Muruga Prabu M <murugaprabum at gmail.com> [2015-06-25 12:37]:
> > > Setting the value of pubsub#send_last_published_item to on_sub would
> > > solve my problem. I would stop receiving notifications from all users in my
> > > roster on every login.
> >
> > Though you would of course also stop receiving the items that were
> > published while you were offline.
>
> won't ignore_pep_from_offline: false attribute take care of sending published
> events to offline users.

No.

"ignore_pep_from_offline: false" makes sure that Bob receives the last
item from Alice even if Alice is offline while Bob goes online. Setting
send_last_published_item=on_sub makes sure Bob won't *ever* receive any
item from that node as a result of going online.

With send_last_published_item=on_sub, Bob will only receive an item once
while subscribing to Alice's presence ("on_sub"), and then if he happens
to be online while Alice is publishing a new item.  Or if he explicitly
queries the node.

Holger