[ejabberd] ejabberd behavior b/w user disconnected vs user unavailable

Gaurav Jain monkeyfdude at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 08:11:09 MSK 2015

Hi,

What is the ejabbered behavior for user who is un-expectedly disconnected
from internet

vs

user who explicitly sent an 'unavailable' presence?

Would they both be considered offline (for both single user chat or MUC)?

I want a behavior where if a user is disconnected from internet, offline
messages to be sent

If user sent a explicit unavailble presence, I dont want offline messages
to be sent.

How can that be accomplished? I can write my hook. But I need to know in
which situations, the hook will be called.

Best Regards,