[ejabberd] Any limit on how many time or quickly can user join or leave room

Peter Schwindt ejabberd at schwindt-net.de
Mon Mar 30 10:00:51 MSK 2015

Hi,

On 03/29/2015 05:28 AM, Gaurav Jain wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if there is any limit on how many times user can leave
> or join a *members-only room.
>
> *
> _/To be more specific:/_
>
> *Can I join and leave a members-only room 10-20 times in like 1 minute?*
>
> I ask this in certain situations, ejabberd service does pose limits. One
> such case is creation of accounts from same IP for 10 minutes.

I guess these settings (to be applied in mod_muc) should have an effect
on joining/leaving a MUC, too:

* min_message_interval defines the minimum time allowed between two
messages. This option can be use to limit the flood on the MUC service.
If a user sends messages more quickly they are rejected with the error
"not acceptable".
* min_presence_interval defines the minimum time allowed between
presence changes. Presence are cached before being broadcasted and after
the interval duration, the actual presence is send to the room. This
should limit presence flood coming from a given user.

Defaults are 0.4 and 4.

Best,
Peter