[ejabberd] disable_sasl_mechanisms option setup

anson ansonc at aliyun.com
Sat May 30 06:46:57 MSK 2015

Holger Weiß wrote
> * anson <

> ansonc@

> > [2015-05-28 10:44]:
>> I would like to use just PLAIN mechanism on ejabberd.
>> Is disable_sasl_mechanisms the right option I need to configure?
>> And how can I configure it in /etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.cfg ?
>
> What ejabberd version are you using?  The 'disable_sasl_mechanisms'
> option is only available in ejabberd 14.12 and newer, where you'd
> specify
>
>   disable_sasl_mechanisms:
>     - "digest-md5"
>     - "scram-sha-1"
>
> in the ejabberd.yml file.
>
> Holger

hi, Holger
Thanks for your reply.
I used the  apt-get install command to install ejabberd on Ubuntu.  From the
installation guide I can see the version is 2.1.11.
So I download and compile install the source of ejabberd-15.04.
I execute: ejabberdctl live, I got ERROR message as follow:
10:12:45.723 [critical] Node name mismatch: I'm [ejabberd at localhost], the
database is owned by [ejabberd at kolibre]
10:12:45.723 [critical] Either set ERLANG_NODE in ejabberdctl.cfg or change
node name in Mnesia
10:12:45.724 [error] CRASH REPORT Process <0.40.0> with 0 neighbours exited
with reason: node_name_mismatch in ejabberd_app:db_init/0 line 124 in
application_master:init/4 line 133

There, kolibre is the hostname of my machine. I wonder when did I configure
the database ownership.
Although, I modify  ERLANG_NODE  to ejabberd at kolibre  ejabberd.yml file, as
well as the disable_sasl_mechanisms option. It run as expected.

My question is how can I change node name in Mnesia.

Anson