[ejabberd] Problem migrationg the database from 2.1.10 to 14.07

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 16:33:50 MSK 2015

>From what I understand, you are attempting two changes in a single step:
A) Change the erlang nodename (because you change to another machine)
B) Update to a newer ejabberd version (because you change to another OS version)

Don't attempt to perform two changes in one step, better do one by one.

For A, you can configure erlang to use whatever nodename you want,
more specifically, the one you already used in the old machine. That
way you don't need to "migrate" or convert the nodename in the old
Mnesia database. See the file ejabberdctl.cfg

For B, see https://www.ejabberd.im/forum/25072/moving-2111-1507

---
Badlop
ProcessOne