[ejabberd] MUC admin via ad-hoc commands

Carlos Gunners goondaba at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 18:12:15 MSK 2016

On 16 February 2016 at 12:57, Dominik George <nik at naturalnet.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >I can assure you this is a very secure and well protected system, even
> >though it's running Lenny .. so, no problems there ..
>
> Yeah, sure. Famous last word, eh ;)?

LOL ..

> >Is there a useful upgrade / migration guide you could point me to for
> >reference ?
>
> apt-get upgrade should do, but remember that upgrades skipping releases
> are untested.

Not quite .. because there is no later version for lenny than what we have
.. even wheezy has 2.1.x ..   so, I plan to deploy a different replacement
server with debian jessie, and install jabber 16.x from jessie-backports ..

So, the migration I am thinking of is data migration, after replicating the
current config on the new server  ..

I am wondering if a simple dump and restore will be enough to migrate the
data ..

-carlos

-nik