[ejabberd] Redis Connection errors during testing

Evgeny Khramtsov xramtsov at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 13:06:05 MSK 2016

Thu, 18 Feb 2016 23:45:52 +0000
Steven Livingstone <steven at livz.org> wrote:

> Is there some setting I can use to avoid losing these messages? I'd
> expect either a time window, number of tries or something and that
> indeed may be the intention of some of the parameters in
> https://docs.ejabberd.im/admin/guide/configuration/#redis ... but i
> don't want to go hacking them quite yet until i fully understand what
> is going on.

Actually you're not losing them, because ejabberd puts such messages in
offline storage, so after reconnection you will get them.

Regarding time window and other: as you understand if the database is
unavailable ejabberd needs to store those messages somewhere. This
requires some buffering with tricky callbacks which is quite an effort
to write.