[ejabberd] Fwd: Adding backslash to special chars in ejabberd packets

Vikram Lalit vikramlalit at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 22:34:03 MSK 2016

Hi - this is probably more of an Erlang question but appreciate if you
pitch in with inputs. I'm trying to have all ejabberd offline messages
posted to a Riak database. However, the said publish keeps on failing -
because of format errors as the packets naturally contain special
characters such as ". A typical error that I get... [error]
<0.466.0>@ejabberd_hooks:run1:335
{function_clause,[{riakc_obj,build_client_object

If I test manually, backslashing the " would help - but am stumbling as to
how would I do it programmatically in Erlang. Leveraging an external awk /
sed library wouldnt make sense as the messages are generated within
ejabberd.

Many thanks!