[ejabberd] check_password and ejabberd_auth_http

Florian Sailer fs at sailer-interactive.com
Wed Jul 13 15:21:21 MSK 2016

Hi,

i'm currently evaluating ejabberd and try to setup auth with the module
ejabberd_auth_http.
I got the module working and whenever a user authenticates ejabberd is
making the following get request to my http API:

  /xmppauth/get_password?user=test&server=myserver.com&pass=

This works fine when i return the clear text password through the API.

However, instead of "get_password" i would rather like ejabberd to call
"check_password", so that i can validate the password the user has
entered within the API service. There are a lot of references to
"check_password" in the docs and the code of ejabberd_auth_http but i
can't figure out how to influence whether get_password or check_password
are being used.

Im using ejabberd 16.06 on Ubuntu 14.04.

This is my auth setup:

auth_method: http
auth_opts:
   host: "https://www.myserver.com"