[ejabberd] Replaced by new connection

Gaurav Jain monkeyfdude at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 04:08:59 MSK 2016

Hi,

We can get "Replaced by new connection"  errors/status from server in two
ways.

* As a stream error
* As a status in presence stanza for a MUC room

My question is:

Will stream error will have to occur for MUC presence status be "Replaced
..."?

In other words, MUC status can be "Replaced by new connection" only if
there was a stream:conflict:error "Replaced by new connection"?

So, if I handle stream:conflict:error on client correctly, then I will
always be in clean state.

Please clarify.

Best Regards,

PS: I have observed, with stream management, there are many issues when
network gets into weird state. The stanza acknowledgement stops working.

So, I was thinking of cleaning bad connections and start from scratch.