[ejabberd] Stream management issues (was: Replaced by new connection)

Holger Weiß holger at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Thu Jun 30 09:59:58 MSK 2016

* Gaurav Jain <monkeyfdude at gmail.com> [2016-06-29 18:08]:
> PS: I have observed, with stream management, there are many issues when
> network gets into weird state. The stanza acknowledgement stops working.

Stream management is hard to get right due to the protocol design.  Just
recently, I stumbled over one more corner case that you might run into
on a busy server (that's fixed in 16.06¹).

But apart from that, the code works as designed for me, and I've seen it
being tested quite a lot, also under (very) bad network conditions.  So
if you still run into issues, I'd be highly interested in the details,
especially if you still see them after updating to ejabberd 16.06.

Holger

¹ https://github.com/processone/ejabberd/commit/7ddeac38b6bd0a16f46331cc