[ejabberd] Presence status of another entity when user went offline

Holger Weiß holger at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Mon Mar 7 13:55:51 MSK 2016

* Gaurav Jain <monkeyfdude at gmail.com> [2016-03-06 18:51]:
> * I have one group, Group-1
> * I have two users in the group, User-1 and User-2
> * Both are connected
> * Now User-1 goes offline
> * Then User-2 goes offline.
> * Then, User-1 goes online.
>
> But, when User-1 goes online again, it does not get offline presence of
> User-2. It gets available/online presence of User-2.
>
> What needs to be done to get "unavailable" presence for User-2 when User-1
> comes back online??

Maybe User-2 is using stream management, and not cleanly closing the
stream (with </stream:stream>) when going offline?  In that case, the
server would keep his session open for up to five minutes (by default),
so that it can be resumed by the client.  During that time, User-2 would
appear as online.

If you want to change this behavior, search the documentation for
'stream_management' and 'resume_timeout':

https://docs.ejabberd.im/admin/guide/configuration/#listening-module

Holger