[ejabberd] Presence status of another entity when user went offline

Gaurav Jain monkeyfdude at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 02:47:49 MSK 2016

Thanks. This was definitely one issue which I fixed now.

My original issue was that I was caching presence status on client.

I believe XMPP broadcasts only "available" presence for *existing*
occupants of a room when a new occupant enters room.

Assuming persistent room, if an "available" presence of any occupant is not
received when a user enters room, then it should be
considered "unavailable/offline".

"unavailable" presence is broadcasted to only existing occupants of a room
and is broadcasted only once when the user goes offline.

I hope my understanding is correct.