[ejabberd] roster help

Joy pj.netfilter at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 20:42:15 MSK 2016

Hi,
     I have configured ejabberd to authenticate against LDAP which holds
user information for multiple domain, authentication working perfectly,
chat being recorded in database but having serious issues when we have same
user on multiple domain. In that case all user with same login id can see
roster of each other and can delete as well.

Here is my configuration :-

hosts:
  - "example.in"
  - "example.com"

auth_method: ldap

ldap_encrypt: none

ldap_port: 389

ldap_rootdn: "cn=admin,dc=example,dc=in"

ldap_password: "password"

ldap_base: "dc=example,dc=in"

ldap_uids:
  - "mail": "%u@%d"

ldap_filter: "(&(objectClass=mailUser)(accountStatus=active))"

  mod_vcard_ldap:
    ldap_rootdn: "cn=admin,dc=example,dc=in"
    ldap_password: "password"
    ldap_base: "dc=example,dc=in"

    ldap_uids:
      "mail": "%u@%d"

    ldap_filter: "(&(objectClass=mailUser)(accountStatus=active))"

    ldap_vcard_map:
     "NICKNAME": {"%s": ["cn"]} # just use user's part of JID as his
nickname
     "GIVEN": {"%s": ["givenName"]}
     "FAMILY": {"%s": ["sn"]}
     "EMAIL": {"%s": ["mail"]}
     "PHOTO": {"%s": ["jpegPhoto"]}
     "BDAY": {"%s": ["birthDay"]}
    ## Search form
    ldap_search_fields:
      "User": "uid"
      "Name": "cn"
      "Family Name": "sn"
      "Email": "mail"
      "Birthday": "birthDay"
    ## vCard fields to be reported
    ## Note that JID is always returned with search results
    ldap_search_reported:
      "Full Name": "FN"
      "Nickname": "NICKNAME"
      "Birthday": "BDAY"